Atlanta DUI Lawyer
If you are convicted of a fourth DUI, then you will have a felony conviction on your criminal record. A DUI conviction cannot be restricted (“expunged”) and it does not qualify for First Offender or pretrial diversion.
Fourth DUI Penalties
As measured from the dates of previous arrests for which convictions were obtained or pleas of nolo contendere were accepted to the date of the current arrest for which a conviction is obtained or a plea of nolo contendere is accepted, within the previous ten years
- $1,000-$5,000 fine plus any statutory charges.
- 1 to 5 years, but the judge can suspend all but 90 days.
- Minimum of 60 days of community service
- Sentencing also requires 5 years of probation
- 5-year license suspension (or 2 years if treatment is completed)
- license reinstatement fee
- DUI school
- the clinical evaluation and the treatment program
- an interlock ignition device installed in your vehicle for six months